Say goodbye to acne once and for all

How to effectively treat acne and acne scars? – dr. Katarzyna Cygan, a dermatology specialist, who treats children and adults at our clinic

 

This problem used to be associated mainly with teenagers. Currently, acne is becoming a civilization disease and increasingly more often affects persons after the age of 30. – Aggravating factors, beside hormones, sun, and medicines, include stress and poor diet. Incidence of acne vulgaris increases as our lifestyles change, and everyday haste translates into unhealthy eating habits, which are also unfavorable for the skin – says dr. Katarzyna Cygan, a dermatology specialist at the Medicus Self clinic. Treatment of acne involves resolution of symptoms and preventing their sequelae, i.e. scarring. Dermatology combined with the newest technologies complementing pharmacotherapy is indispensable in such cases.

Acne vulgaris is one of the most common, traumatizing skin diseases. It affects 80-100% of persons between the age of 11 and 30 years. While in 85% the course of the disease is relatively mild, the remaining 15% of patients suffer from severe, inflammatory lesions that often leave marks, such as scars and discolorations. Facial acne occurs in 54% of women and 40% of men above the age of 25.

– Development of acne in any given patient results from interplay of multiple factors. Basic processes observed in the course of development of lesions include: overproduction of sebum (seborrhea), disorders of keratosis of pilosebaceous orifices, and inflammation. Aggravating factors include: hormones, diet, smoking, stress, sun, medicines – explains dr. Katarzyna Cygan.

Causes

As our lifestyle changes, we observe an increase in the incidence of acne. Hasty lifestyle translates into unhealthy eating habits, which are unfavorable to the skin. Endocrine disorders also predispose to development of acne vulgaris.  Increase in prevalence of acne and similar disorders is also attributed to increased use of cosmetic agents and medicines, i.e. psychiatric drugs or antitubercular drugs. It is also important to take particular care of dental hygiene, avoiding tonsillar infections, or sinus infections, as all inflammatory foci may contribute to development of acne. Stress, alcohol, and smoking, are also factors that stimulate development of acne lesions. Also, increasingly more often dermatology is facing the problem of acne cosmetica, which is a result of improper skincare with wrong agents. However, not only poor cosmetic agents may result in development of blackheads. It may also ensue from incorrect use of cosmetic agents. Thus, one should be careful not to fall into a trap of “overcare”.

Treatment

Above all, treatment of acne involves elimination or attenuation of symptoms and prevention of their sequelae – mainly scarring.

Acne scars often constitute an important psychological problem and the risk of their development, in a way, enforces the recommended treatment methods. Good patient-physician communication lies at the basis of effective therapy. Patient should be explained that treatment of acne involves systematic care, is long-term, requires application of topical agents and, in more severe cases, oral treatments – says dr. Katarzyna Cygan.

When pharmacotherapy does not bring the expected results, we turn to modern technology, which enables reduction of scarring to such an extent that they become invisible or barely visible.

–  The area treated with a laser must be completely healed. Frequency and number of treatments is assessed depending on the type of scar and its depth in order to reach the best restoring effect.  – explains dr. Katarzyna Cygan.

The Medicus Self clinic uses the newest technologies to remove scarring – Pixel CO2 laser, RF Microneedle (radiofrequency electromagnetic waves), or mesotherapy. The type of treatment depends on the characteristics of the scar and the advancement of the lesion. Thus, doctor consultation is necessary beforehand in order to select individually the best therapy.

News:

https://medicusself.pl/nietrzymanie-moczu-nowoczesne-metody-leczenia-wstydliwej-choroby/

https://medicusself.pl/piknik-dla-zdrowia-medicusem/

https://medicusself.pl/podaruj-mamie-odrobine-piekna/

https://medicusself.pl/lato-piekna-twarz/

https://medicusself.pl/laser-kobiece-problemy/

https://medicusself.pl/laserowe-usuwanie-zylakow-evlt/

https://medicusself.pl/twoja-idealna-sylwetka-na-lato/

https://medicusself.pl/badz-piekna-na-wiosne/

Massage offers: https://medicusself.pl/fx-offer-category/masaz/


Medicus Self

Plac Strzelecki 24
50-224 Wrocław
Tel. 71 757 22 40
Faks: 71 3236310
info@medicusself.pl
www.medicusself.pl

Godziny otwarcia kliniki:
Pon-pt – 8.00 – 20.00
Sobota 8.00-14.00