Platelet-rich plasma – joy to your skin
For us, summer may be the time of holidays and fun; for our skin, however, it is one of the hardest seasons of the year. Dryness and discolorations may occur particularly on facial skin which is most exposed to harmful sun radiation. In addition, most facial procedures are not performed in the summer due to the intense sunlight. A solution may be provided by platelet-rich plasma, a natural source of perfect skin regeneration.
What is platelet-rich plasma?
Platelet-rich plasma is an autologous concentrate of human platelets in a small amount of plasma. PRP is obtained by centrifugation of patient’s own blood using a laboratory centrifuge. During the process, proliferation of stem cells is stimulated as part of a natural repair process. Fibroblasts are stimulated to produce new collagen for improved skin thickness and elasticity.
How does it work?
Platelet-rich plasma and platelet-rich fibrin deliver an instant filling effect which can be noticed immediately after the procedure. Over the coming weeks, the agents regenerate the skin from the inside by initiating skin repair processes and stimulating fibroblasts to produce new collagen fibers. The procedure is autologous, natural, and free of complications.
– We recommend platelet-rich plasma procedures to patients of all ages. Depending on the desired effect, however, other methods may be used additionally. Single-agent platelet-rich plasma delivers best effects in hydration, restoration, and regeneration of young skin tissue. Procedures involving platelet-rich plasma and fibrin are reserved for individuals presenting with well-visible signs of skin ageing – says dr. Katarzyna Cygan MD, a dermatologist at Medicus Self.
- Patients requiring revitalization of facial skin
- Fatigued skin
- Skin tone loss
- Uneven skin color
- Dry skin
- Stretch marks
- Spot baldness
- Ageing skin of hands
- Patients seeking natural therapies
- Patients at risk of allergies
- An excellent supplementation of laser therapy, acting as an efficient “dressing” following the procedure.
Watch a video footage of a procedure involving delivery of platelet-rich plasma and fibrin for skin revitalization and male-type spot baldness treatment.
Why platelet-rich plasma?
- Being an autologous, immunologically neutral material, PRP is an excellent alternative for people with allergies or intolerance to hyaluronic acid.
- The method is non-invasive and markedly less painful than the conventional aesthetic medicine procedures.
- It is associated with minimum discomfort and short recovery times, with patients resuming their normal activities nearly instantly
- The effects are long-lasting, with possible duration of 6 to 12 months (depending on individual predisposition, diet, lifestyle)
- The efficacy of the method has been confirmed by many years of research, as PRP has been used in many areas of medicine for more than 30 years
At Medicus Self, procedures involving platelet-rich plasma and fibrin are performed using only the dedicated, certified Keymed tubes.
- Platelet-rich plasma – face PLN 800
- Platelet-rich plasma – face (3 procedures) PLN 1980
Schedule a consultation with our specialist who to learn all details on the platelet-rich plasma and fibrin procedure