DERMAPEN™ is a versatile tool which facilitates procedures being performed on the entire face, neck, décolleté;, abdomen, thighs, buttocks, or scalp. DERMAPEN™ stimulates natural skin regeneration processes. DERMAPEN™ is an excellent solution for stimulation of natural neocollagenesis in patients with thin, flabby skin. The skin becomes more elastic and firm already after the first procedure, and the entire series of procedures results in reduced visibility of wrinkles.
Thanks to the small size of the device, DERMAPEN™ procedures may be performed even in hardly accessible regions such as the area around the eyes or lips. The refinement of the micropuncturing mechanism ensures excellent effects while minimizing recovery downtime.
Automated skin puncturing technique used in the DERMAPEN™ technology enhances the efficacy of treatment by increasing the penetration of active substances into the skin while simultaneously minimizing pain and discomfort experienced by patients.
Thanks to the controlled precision of the Dermapen procedure, the mechanism of its action can be divided into three stages:
The first stage starts with the secretion of platelet-derived growth factors and is followed by the cascade of new epidermal cell formation and extracellular matrix stimulation. Skin cell proliferation leads to further secretion of growth factors from fibroblasts, keratinocytes, and monocytes, resulting in the second stage of skin remodeling involving the production of collagen types III, IV, and I, elastin, proteoglycans, and GAG and stimulation of angiogenesis (formation of new blood vessels). The last stage of the mechanism involves the remodeling of tissues being treated. Skin vasculature is improved, and its structure is strengthened by new collagen fibers.
Penetration of active substances into the epidermis and dermis for unmatched stimulation of fibroblasts
Microinjuries trigger the body’s natural skin repair capabilities by increasing physiological production of collagen.
The DERMAPEN™ procedure lasts about 30-45 minutes. The skin is anesthetized with an anesthetic cream and carefully disinfected. The procedure is performed every 3-6 weeks, depending on skin reaction and problem being treated. The recommended number of procedures is 3-5.
The outcomes are usually visible following the second or third procedure; however, full enhancement of skin tone, reduction of wrinkles and stretch marks, and filling of acne or surgical scars may be visible one month after the last procedure in the series.
- Fine, shallow wrinkles
- Stretch marks
- Acne scars, surgery scars, burn scars
- Thin, flabby skin
- Enlarged skin pores (reduction)
- Rejuvenation of hands
- Supportively in hair loss therapy
- No tanning for 4 weeks before the procedure
- No peels or acids for 2-3 weeks before the procedure
- 2-3 weeks before the procedure, patient should discontinue all retinol- and fruit acid-containing products
- Patient should abstain from alcohol on the day of procedure
- Patient’s skin should be thoroughly shaved for the procedure
- cancer diseases
- chronic diseases of the cardiovascular system
- coagulation disorders
- hypersensitivity to titanium (in case of titanium needles)
- hypersensitivity to surgical steel (in case of surgical steel needles)
- hypersensitivity to gold (in case of titanium gold needles)
- diseases including epilepsy, diabetes, jaundice, leukemia
- history of surgeries and surgical procedures within last 6 months
- active herpes
- inflammations (skin and internal organs)
- bacterial, viral, and fungal infections
- antibiotic therapy
- panic fear of pain
- pregnancy and breastfeeding
- active purulent acne or rosacea
- massages and warming procedures being performed at puncture sites on the day of the procedure